Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 1 - actually day 3

I just woke up here in India - well actually, I woke up every hour from 1 am on because my body was a little bit thrown off by the time change and I slept a lot on the flight over. But I finally got up and showered at 5:30 am. It's 8:30 pm at home right now and 7 am in the morning on Friday here. I didn't know some places were off by not just hours but also half hour increments. Learn something new everyday:) Weird that it's technically day 3 and we are just now about to do our first visits. We get to meet all the kiddos this morning and hear the story of the woman who started Good Samaritan School then this afternoon, we have a planning session where we will plan out what we'll do with the kids for the week!
Last night, we didn't really get to see much cause it was dark. But I will say that the traffic and the driving here is a bit crazy. It kind of is everywhere but probably because it was night and not AS much traffic - we were wipping in and out of traffic pretty fast. Lines in the road are more of a guideline than a rule:) And they drive from the right side of the car here.
The flight seemed short to me - maybe because my last one was 17 hours from Ethiopia. This one was 14 and I slept a majority of it. Not too shabby. And so awesome that it was a straight flight from Newark to Delhi. That made it really nice. We hit some pretty rough turbulence in the middle of the night that scared me but it was really brief and all was fine. Whew.

Our rides should be here to pick us up shortly. We have good wifi here at the flat so I should be able to blog later.

Thanks for the prayers!

No comments: