Sunday, April 4, 2010

Celebration

I woke up excited. I rarely ever wake up before my alarm yet today I did. I'm so excited to go to China and I'm also really excited and thankful that I don't leave until later in the afternoon so I can attend Easter service at my church. I am thankful for my church. The body of Christ at Belmont has truly demonstrated Jesus to me. I've been there 7 years and it really is home. When I lost my job, the young adults and the pastors there jumped right in to offer support. They've prayed with me, encouraged me and kept me accountable. I had little tastes of it growing up but I never knew authentic church until I came here. And it was in the people at Belmont that I finally knew Jesus - really knew Him. It radically changed my life. And 7 years later, who would've guessed that I would be working for a missions agency and going aroudn the world to minister to orphans? God is so good - and He does have great plans for each one of us if we are obedient to step out in faith and go where He leads. I'm so glad I did. And I pray I will continue to hear His voice and follow where He leads. I'm soooo thankful for the love of Christ that has penetrated my heart and healed so many hurt and broken places. I finally know the freedom in Christ!! Thank you Jesus. Thank you that you came to earth, you lived and you died for me so that I might have life and have it abundantly. Thank you that I didn't find you - you were always there waiting for me to come to you - you found me and I'm so grateful. So today... I am excited to go celebrate Belmont style (which means - jumping, hands waiving, free to really celebrate) service. I love that freedom. And we should be celebrating - today represents the day Jesus rose from the dead! This is the day! He is risen indeed!!!! "The enemy has been defeated and death couldn't hold Him down. I'm gonna lift my voice in victory, I'm gonna shout my praises loud!!!!" And then I'm gonna get on a plane and go to the ends of the earth and let that love that Christ demonstrated to me be demonstrated to "the least of these". Jesus loves the little children and so do I!!! Happy Easter everyone! May you fully know... I mean really, really know that you know that you know - the love of a savior who came and died so that you might live! 

Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn more.

No comments: