Friday, April 9, 2010

Snow in China

Good morning! Well, I know it's Friday evening for you but it's Saturday morning for us here in China - 7:15 am - I woke up again at 6 am. I like that I'm waking up before my alarm and ready to go. 

It started snowing last night when we were at the orphanage. I just peaked outside our hotel room glass door and took this photo - a little bit of snow still on the ground. It's really sunny out there right now so I'm hoping and praying for weather that allows us to take the kids out of the orphanage. 

Dinner last night was crazy - they brought us so much food, it was ridiculous. It was all pretty spicey compared to what we are all used to but good. There was fish - you had to be careful, lots of bones in it. There was pork, duck, veggies, beef on a bone (sort of like ribs), a dessert made out of eggs and cocoa powder (interesting) and chicken. I took pictures but again, that's the memory card that doesn't seem to be working. I'm glad to see the other one is working so far today. We had so much leftovers, it looked like we hadn't touched anything - but we were all very happy when Lily boxed it up to take to the orphanage for the kids. That is a great idea - I am sure they will love it. 

I am excited for today - we get to meet all the school children who have been in school the other days and we hopefully get to take them someplace fun. I am sure it'll be a fabulous day. I will be sure to add a detailed blog later on. 

Thank you for all the prayers from back home. We so appreciate it!




The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail. Get busy.

No comments: