Sunday, April 10, 2011

Welcome to Haiti

We are safe & sound in Haiti. We arrived without any problems at the airport and I tell ya - I am so glad we switched all our trips to Sunday to Sunday cause the airport is 150% better on a Sunday! The host from the guest house was there to pick us up and we just arrived at the guest house. We are excited because the teams all just left so we have the room to ourselves for a few days and got pick of the bottom bunks. It's the little things people! Ha  Upon arrival into Haiti, on our way to the guest house, we made a stop to some friends of the guest house owners and had a traditional Indian meal. Nothing says "welcome to Haiti" like Indian food. Oh wait...that's my trip to India in Sept. That's what I love about Haiti - you never know what to expect:) The Indian guys who made the dish told me I could call them when I go to India in Sept and they will call their parents and I can stay there. I told him that was sweet but I will have a big team of people with me. The lady who owned the house where we went for this yummy meal played Amazing Grace on the saxophone for us. Awesome. John (guest house owner) told us she plays with the band that travels with the president sometimes. Neato. 

Tonight, we chill at the guest house. And tomorrow the real journey begins - we get to visit kiddos!!! Can't wait to hug em all!

No comments: